Chief Deputy Auditor/Controller
Under direction, the incumbent will assist the Department of Finance in planning, and performing accounting, financial reporting, budgeting and auditing activities for the County. The Chief Deputy Auditor provides technical and administrative assistance to the Director of Finance in the coordination of departmental activities; and performs difficult and complex accounting work within the office.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: High school diploma or GED equivalent supplemented by college-level coursework in accounting or closely related field; and three years of progressively responsible technical, fiscal, payroll and accounting experience in Alpine County, or three years of technical or professional accounting experience including payroll, preferably in a county Auditor-Controller’s office or CPA firm.
Required: Possession of a valid driver’s license.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS 100% FTE in a five step salary system with advancement upon satisfactory completion of a one year probationary period and annual increases thereafter.
- Health Insurance: County provides medical, dental and vision coverage for employees with co-payment by employees, dependent upon family status.
- Vacation: Accrued at the rate of 6.67 hours per month, or 10 vacation days per year.
- Sick Leave: Earned at the rate of 8 hours per month.
- Holidays: 15 paid holidays per year.
- Retirement: Participation in the California Public Employee Retirement System (PERS), 2% at 62 plan
for New Members
- Deferred Compensation: Voluntary deferred compensation program offered.
- Alpine County is a drug, alcohol and smoke-free workplace.
Eligible applicants are REQUIRED to complete an Alpine County application form. Resumes may not be substituted for the official county application but may be attached to a completed application. A County application can be submitted from our website at www.alpinecountyca.gov. Qualified applicants will be invited to an oral interview after review of the applications. Offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment background and reference check.
Applications must be received no later than Open Until Filled. Fax and postmarks will not be accepted. Applications are to be filed at:
Alpine County Administration
P.O. Box 387
Markleeville, CA 96120
Alpine County is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religious creed, color, national origin, mental or physical disability, marital status, sex or age.