Fiscal and Technical Specialist/Health and Human Services
Under general supervision, the incumbent will perform a variety of special accounting, document processing and technical recordkeeping and support work; review specialized documents and information, assisting the public and/or other County staff with the accuracy and completeness of the information; to assist others with the understanding of department procedures and requirements; to provide a variety of information about department services and functions; to perform a variety of technical and office support work; and related work as required.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Three years of recent full-time experience performing varied and complex special accounting, document processing and technical recordkeeping and support work, preferably in the public sector which includes working with and maintaining confidential files and documents.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS 100% FTE in a five step salary system with advancement upon satisfactory completion of a one year probationary period and annual increases thereafter.
Salary Range 43 ($22.83-27.75) per hour
- Health Insurance: County provides medical, dental and vision coverage for employee with co-payment by employee, based on family status.
- Vacation: Accrued at the rate of 6.67 hours per month, or 10 vacation days per year.
- Sick Leave: Earned at the rate of 8 hours per month.
- Holidays: 15 paid holidays per year.
- Retirement: Participation in the California Public Employee Retirement System (PERS), New Members 2% at 62 plan
- Deferred Compensation: the County has a voluntary deferred compensation program.
- Alpine County is a drug, alcohol and smoke-free workplace.
Eligible applicants are REQUIRED to complete an Alpine County application form. Resumes may not be substituted for the official county application but may be attached to a completed application. A County application can be completed online at our website at www.alpinecountyca.gov. Qualified applicants will be invited to an oral interview after review of the applications. Offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment background and reference check; satisfactory driving record.
Applications must be received no later than Monday, July 19, 2021 at 5:00 p.m. Fax and postmarks will not be accepted.
Alpine County Administration
P.O. Box 387
Markleeville, CA 96120
Alpine County is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religious creed, color, national origin, mental or physical disability, marital status, sex or age.