Under general supervision, to perform professional planning assignments in the County Planning Department; to perform technical reviews of land use and permit applications; to participate in planning studies, environmental reviews, community design and general plan preparation; to assist with planning policy formulation and implementation; to explain ordinance, resolution, regulations and county policies to the public, and to do related work as required.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Required:
Level II and Ill - A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in regional or city planning, environmental studies, geography, architecture, or closely related field.
Level II - Two (2) years of responsible experience in governmental or similar land use planning work equivalent to a Planner I with the County.
Level llI - Two (2) years of responsible experience in public planning work equivalent to a Planner II with the County.
Required: Possession of a valid California/ Nevada driver’s license.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS 100% FTE in a five step salary system with advancement upon satisfactory completion of a one year probationary period and annual increases thereafter.
- Health Insurance: County provides medical, dental and vision coverage for employees with co-payment by employees, dependent upon family status.
- Vacation: Accrued at the rate of 6.67 hours per month, or 10 vacation days per year.
- Sick Leave: Earned at the rate of 8 hours per month.
- Holidays: 15 paid holidays per year.
- Retirement: Participation in the California Public Employee Retirement System (PERS), 2% at 62 plan
for New Members
- Deferred Compensation: Voluntary deferred compensation program offered.
- Alpine County is a drug, alcohol and smoke-free workplace.
Eligible applicants are REQUIRED to complete an Alpine County application form. Resumes may not be substituted for the official county application but may be attached to a completed application. A County application can be submitted from our website at www.alpinecountyca.gov. Qualified applicants will be invited to an oral interview after review of the applications. Offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of background and reference check.
Applications must be received no later than Sunday, November 27, 2022 at 5:00 p.m. Fax and postmarks will not be accepted. Applications are to be filed at:
Alpine County Administration
75 A Diamond Valley Rd,
Markleeville, CA 96120
Alpine County is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religious creed, color, national origin, mental or physical disability, marital status, sex or age.