Public Health Program Coordinator Health and Human Services
Under general direction, to plan, coordinate, supervise and evaluate comprehensive general health education and wellness, public health emergency preparedness, and health equity programs, ; to assist in securing funding for programs; and to perform related duties as assigned; develop and execute multi-year work plans in pursuit of core objectives, through a broad set of intervention and evaluation activities; submit detailed progress reports to the state funding agency as required based on the conditions of the funding agreement;; collaborate with county departments, local organizations, and state agencies; and perform related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor’s degree in public
QUALIFICATIONS health or closely related field and three years of experience in public health education, including at least one year in a supervisory capacity. A graduate degree can be used to supplement 1-year of experience.
COMPENSATION & 100% FTE in a five step salary system with advancement upon satisfactory completion
BENEFITS of a one year probationary period and annual increases thereafter.
Salary Range 45 ($26.93-$32.73) per hour
- Health Insurance: County provides medical, dental and vision coverage for employee with co-payment by employee dependent on family status.
- Vacation: Accrued at the rate of 6.67 hours per month, or 10 vacation days per year.
- Sick Leave: Earned at the rate of 8 hours per month.
- Holidays: 15 paid holidays per year.
- Retirement: Participation in the California Public Employee Retirement System (PERS), 2% at 62 plan New Members
- Deferred Compensation: the County has a voluntary deferred compensation program.
- Alpine County is a drug, alcohol and smoke-free workplace.
Eligible applicants are REQUIRED to complete an Alpine County application form. Resumes may not be substituted for the official county application but may be attached to a completed application. A County application can be completed online on the County website at www.alpinecountyca.gov. Qualified applicants will be invited to an oral interview after review of the applications. Offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment background and reference check; satisfactory driving record and proof of automobile insurance.
Final Filing Date: Friday, March 24, 2023
Fax and postmarks will not be accepted. Applications are to be filed at:
Alpine County Administration
75 A Diamond Valley Rd,
Markleeville, CA 96120
Alpine County is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religious creed, color, national origin, mental or physical disability, marital status, sex o