Job Title: Executive Director, Carson Valley Visitors Authority
Reports to: Board of Directors
Summary: The Executive Director assumes responsibility for the strategic development and operational execution of
VCV. The paramount objective of Visit Carson Valley is to promote tourism to the Carson Valley. A critical aspect of this
role involves fostering active relationships with local businesses in the region. Monthly engagement with the Board of
Directors is integral to the position.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with the VCV Board of Directors to formulate strategies, programs, and policies for tourism
- Create and manage the budget for VCV to align with the operating and marketing plan to promote the
destination to local, state, regional, national and international audiences.
- Plan, implement and manage public relations efforts, media and advertising strategies.
- Oversee the design, printing and distribution of marketing publications.
- Monitor and contribute to web content flow, along with providing monthly website and social media analytics.
Including an annual tourism analysis for the VCV Board of Directors.
- Promote local businesses, attractions and community events.
- As the main spokesperson for VCV be responsible for maintaining relationships with Travel Nevada and actively
participate in industry-related committees and organizations. Develop relationships with international, national,
and regional tourism publications, writers, tour operators, and travel agents.
- Establish effective communications with public and private entities.
- Prepare and submit applications for external grant funding, ensuring compliance with all fulfillment criteria.
- Administer local education regarding the value of a visitor through Tourism Matters programs
- Provide leadership and direction to the VCV staff. Selects, trains, supervises and evaluates assigned personnel
and coordinates staff training.
- Mandatory knowledge of the tourism industry; familiarity with Northern Nevada is preferred.
- Understanding of tourism policies, procedures, and reporting to a board of directors.
- Experience in budgeting, accounting and computer literacy with familiarity in social media and web presence.
- Experience in marketing plan creation and community event presence.
- Degree in marketing, public relations, or related field preferred.
- Effective communication skills (oral and written) with a high level of comfort at effective media, community
organizations, and private/public presentations.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise independent judgment, discretion, and initiative.
- Experience in staff management and development.
- Willing to work evenings, weekends, and holidays based on office demands.
Job Type: Full-Time
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Interested applicants, please email your resume as a pdf attachment firstname.lastname@example.org.