Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs general, routine custodial duties, to include dusting, mopping, vacuuming, scrub and refinish floors, pick up litter, wash windows and walls, cleaning restrooms, and restocking paper and soap supplies. Make certain all areas of the building are kept in a clean, sanitary, and orderly condition.
- Performs routine maintenance to custodial equipment and supplies.
- Empties trash receptacles, disposes trash into dumpsters, and bags trash for proper disposal.
- Responsible for opening the campus at the beginning of the school day and securing school building to insure proper building security at all times.
- Reports needs and concerns to appropriate staff, which may include submitting or recommending work orders and checking supply levels and ordering needed supplies.
- Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies; promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices.
- Performs cleaning functions specific to the assigned facilities and/or based on seasonal/project requirements.
- May provide vendors with access to areas for cleaning/repair and may answer basic questions. May report issues with vendors to supervisor.
- May assist or perform snow removal activities and minor maintenance, such as replacing light bulbs, adjusting furniture, or other similar activities.
- Assure safety during inclement weather to include shoveling, providing slip protection on wet floors, securing against wind damage, etc.
- Coordinate HVAC filter change-out during spring, summer, and winter breaks.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Ability to understand verbal instructions.
- Ability to understand and follow safety procedures.
- Ability to operate vacuums and other related equipment.
- Ability to safely use cleaning equipment and supplies.
- Ability to use hand and power tools applicable to trade.
- Ability to lift and manipulate heavy objects.
- Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures.
- Ability to understand written and verbal communications.
For more information and to apply email firstname.lastname@example.org