Nevada Legislative Counsel Bureau
POSITION: Janitor, Full and Part-Time Employment (temporary), Carson City, Nevada
CONTACT: Ken Kruse, Human Resources/Accounting,775.684.6966
SALARY AND BENEFITS: This position is a grade 23-2, with a salary of approximately $15.67 per hour, plus an additional amount (approximately 5 percent) for janitors who work the night shift. Persons in this position also receive benefits, including paid holidays, paid annual leave, paid sick leave, health insurance and retirement benefits. An explanation of the retirement options and information regarding state retirement benefits may be accessed at http://nvpers.org/.
A description of the current health and dental benefits provided to all state employees is available at http://pebp.state.nv.us/all_plan_benefits.htm. Other optional benefits are also available, including a deferred compensation program.
This position will be filled as soon as possible and will continue until some time between June 30th and August 31, 2021.
The Legislative Counsel Bureau (LCB) is the central non-partisan agency serving the Nevada Legislature. Session Janitors clean and maintain the various buildings of the Legislative Counsel Bureau, including offices, legislative chambers, committee rooms and restrooms. This job announcement provides a list of a range of duties performed by employees who hold this position. It does not list all of the duties of the job.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Reading nightly work schedules and carrying out assigned cleaning tasks.
• Cleaning professional offices and both chambers of the Legislature. This includes taking out trash, vacuuming and extracting, dusting furniture, cleaning glass and removing any marks on walls, baseboards and chair rails.
• Daily cleaning and disinfecting of restrooms.
• Maintaining and caring for carpets and tile floors, including mopping, stripping, waxing and buffing floors.
• Cleaning glass surfaces both inside and outside of each facility.
• Other special cleaning projects as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE OR ABILITY TO LEARN:
• Proper methods to clean and maintain various areas and surfaces.
• Methods, materials, tools and equipment used to care for tile floors, such as stripping, waxing and buffing techniques.
• SDS sheets for the correct use of cleaning compounds and disinfecting chemicals.
• Uses and operation of a wide variety of tools and equipment necessary to carry out the job duties.
• Safe working practices.
• Communicate effectively.
• Read and understand instructions.
• Maintain effective working relationships.
• Operate and perform maintenance of tools and equipment.
• Apply common sense when carrying out assignments and resolve any problems related to job duties in an appropriate manner.
• Use of various cleaning products and cleaning tools and equipment.
• Must be able to walk, bend, twist, scrub, stretch, push, pull and climb.
• May require some lifting.
• Nighttime working hours may vary and a flexible schedule is required as needs change.
• This position may require overtime, night shifts and on-call services, especially during the legislative session.
• This position is located in Carson City, Nevada.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Experience as a janitor or another related field is preferred.
Applicants will be asked to complete a background check and any offer of employment will be made contingent upon the results of that check.
All applicants must submit an LCB Employment Application, which is available at: https://www.leg.state.nv.us/lcb/Admin/EmploymentOpportunities/admin-division-janitorial .
Applications will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis and will continue to be accepted until all available positions are filled. Therefore, applicants are encouraged to submit their applications early. Hiring may occur at any time during the recruitment process. Applications may be emailed to LCBHRfirstname.lastname@example.org, or may instead be mailed to:
Legislative Counsel Bureau
Attn: Ken Kruse, Human Resources/Accounting
401 S. Carson Street
Carson City, NV 89701-4747
NOTE: The Legislative Counsel Bureau is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, political affiliation or disability.